A transit visa permits to travel through the Russian territory without stay depending on your tickets. It is issued for up to 72 hours, if you travel by air, or for up to 10 days, if using other means of transportation.
Foreign citizens have the right to pass through the territory of Russian Federation without a transit visa in the following cases:
- if they make a non-stop air flight over the territory of the Russian Federation;
- if they make an international air flight e.g. arrival and departure from the same airport and staying in transit zone.
- if they reside in a country, that has signed a Visa Free agreement with the Russian Federation.
Applications prepared using any other format will not be accepted. After filling the Electronic Visa Application form online, applicants will have to print a double sided copy of their application form, sign and date it, glue (not staple or use adhesive tape) the required size photo to it and submit this printed original form, along with other necessary documentation, to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Qatar personally or via representative.
Visa documents are accepted until 12.30 p.m. only.
To obtain a visa you should submit to the Consular Section:
1. Double sided completed application form (http://visa.kdmid.ru), one per person. Application form must be signed and dated.
2. One professional passport sized photo (3,5 x 4.5 cm) The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
3. National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least one page of the passport should be free from notes.
4. The original or a photocopy of your confirmed air, railway or other tickets to and from Russia.
5. Valid visa to enter Russian neighboring country or a visa of the country of destination or a passport of the country of destination. The applicants’ assurances of obtaining the visas of the country of destination in Russia won't be taken into consideration.
Single Entry Visa is valid for one visit to Russia within the specified dates of arrival and departure.
Double Entry Visa is issued for two entries (all arrival and departure dates must be indicated).
Visa processing time starts only after the Consulate received all necessary documents. Please note, that drop-off day is not counted as a working day. After you receive your visa, please check it for possible mistakes (passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Qatar.
Citizens of the Russian Federation, regardless of any other citizenship they have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
Our main priority is to process the visa applications. We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone.
Please, carefully fill in the visa information in the application form and follow all other requirements when submitting your papers. When applying be advised that the permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State. Consular officer reserves the right to invite the applicant to be interviewed in person.
Visa can be denied if the Consular Section has serious reasons to believe that the applicant's visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
The validity and type of visa should be strictly connected to the purpose of visit. When in Russia, you cannot change your visa status i.e. from tourist to business or from business to homestay (private) and vice versa. To do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa.
Up to 20 business days processing
Up to 4 business days processing
Single Transit Visa
Double Transit Visa
N.B. According to the provisions of the Russia - EU (except UK and Ireland), Russia - Norway, Russia - Iceland, Russia - Denmark and Russia - Switzerland visa facilitation agreements visa fees for the citizens of above mentioned states are as follows: 35 Euro for the normal processing and 70 Euro for the urgent processing. Mentioned fees will be converted in accordance with current exchange rate.
The Consular Section will charge a full payment (subject to the visa type) for re-issuing a visa, if the Consular Section is not responsible for the mistakes in it, otherwise the visa will be re-issued free of charge.
Visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in case of subsequent refusal.