A business visa is required for foreigners who wish to enter Russia temporarily for business purposes, as representatives of foreign governments, members of official delegations, cultural or sports exchange visitors.
Applications prepared using any other format will not be accepted. After filling the Electronic Visa Application form online, applicants will have to print a double sided copy of their application form, sign and date it, glue (not staple or use adhesive tape) the required size photo to it and submit this printed original form, along with other necessary documentation, to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Qatar personally or via representative.
Visa documents are accepted until 12.30 p.m. only.
To obtain a visa you should submit to the Consular Section:
1. Double sided completed application form http://visa.kdmid.ru, one per person. Application form must be signed and dated.
2. One professional passport sized photo (3,5 x 4.5 cm) The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
3. National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least one page of the passport should be free from notes.
4. Original letter of invitation issued by Main Department on Migration Issues of the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation (former Federal Migration Service (FMS)) or by Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Every invitation must contain name in full, date of birth, citizenship and passport number of the applicant, name of hosting organization, reason and period of visit. Invitation must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal.
5. Copy of the tickets.
6. Copy of Qatari Residence Permit (for foreign citizens ONLY).
7. Copy of travel insurance valid for the period of your travel.
Should the consular section of the Russian Embassy wish to contact you, please state clearly in the application form your contact telephone number (office and after hours).
Visa processing time starts only after the Consulate received all necessary documents. Please note, that drop-off day is not counted as a working day. After you receive your visa, please check it for possible mistakes (passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Qatar.
Citizens of the Russian Federation, regardless of any other citizenship they have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
Our main priority is to process the visa applications. We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone.
Please, carefully fill in the visa information in the application form and follow all other requirements when submitting your papers. When applying be advised that the permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State. Consular officer reserves the right to invite the applicant to be interviewed in person.
Visa can be denied if the Consular Section has serious reasons to believe that the applicant's visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
The validity and type of visa should be strictly connected to the purpose of visit. When in Russia, you cannot change your visa status i.e. from tourist to business or from business to homestay (private) and vice versa. To do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa.
Up to 20 business days processing
Up to 4 business days processing
Single Entry Visa
Double Entry Visa
Multiple Entry Visa
N.B. According to the provisions of the Russia - EU (except UK and Ireland), Russia - Norway, Russia - Iceland, Russia - Denmark and Russia - Switzerland visa facilitation agreements visa fees for the citizens of above mentioned states are as follows: 35 Euro for the normal processing and 70 Euro for the urgent processing. Mentioned fees will be converted in accordance with current exchange rate.
The Consular Section will charge a full payment (subject to the visa type) for re-issuing a visa, if the Consular Section is not responsible for the mistakes in it, otherwise the visa will be re-issued free of charge.
Visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in case of subsequent refusal.